Credit Valley Tennis Club
Credit Valley Tennis Club is a community-based, volunteer-run organization dedicated to providing a clay court tennis facility of outstanding caliber to serve the tennis playing community. Here members of different skill levels will enjoy playing social or competitive tennis in a friendly atmosphere with reasonably priced memberships and programs available for all.
Credit Valley Club Rules
- Our Club Rules are set so we can all enjoy our time at the club. Please be respectful and mindful of others. Respect the rules and the members.
To mention a few, Members may only book a court which they themselves will play on the entire time. Booking courts for friends and family is not allowed. The names of all members need to appear in the booking, including any guests. All members are required to brush the entire court after playing, so it’s ready for the people to follow. When a court is booked online for maintenance it means the court is closed for whatever reason (maintenance, watering, ect.).
- For the full list of rules, please click on the link bellow.
Credit Valley Tennis Club Constitution (Abbreviated)
The CLUB shall be managed by a Board of Directors (7), who are members of the CLUB in good standing, and an age of 18 years or older. The CLUB’s business shall be run by a “Committee of Officers” (the executive), made up of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Tournament Chair, Team Chair, and such other officers that may be appointed. All officers shall hold office until their successors are elected by the CLUB members at the annual meeting.
The Executive is Authorized and Directed to:
- Prepare annual revenue, capital and operating budgets and propose fee structure for consideration and approval by the Directors.
- Authorize and approve capital expenditures not exceeding $2,000 or such greater amount as specified by the Directors.
- Arrange for the employment of personnel and other staff in order to maintain grounds and the CLUB premises in good condition and repair.
- Prescribe the rules and regulations to govern the use of the tennis courts and other CLUB facilities.
- Arrange and schedule tournaments and team matches.
- Promote and develop junior tennis players.
- Organize social activities.
- Maintain the responsibility of rendering of accounts, collection of fees and other charges payable by the members.
- The annual meeting of voting members shall be held at the end of the tennis calendar. At least ten (10) days written notice shall be given, specifying the place, date, hour, and the general order of business to be conducted.
- The quorum for any meeting shall be thirty (30) voting members personally present or represented by proxy or one-third of the voting members, whichever shall be the lesser.
The CLUB’s fiscal year end is December 31 of each year.
All members must abide by the rules and regulations as laid down by the executive.
Code of Conduct
Officers, Directors, and Members of the Corporation are expected to adhere to the following Code of Conduct. They must not engage in criminal activity and must comply with all relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures. They must contribute to a safe and healthy environment that is free from discrimination, harassment (including sexual) and violence. They must follow the club rules and Code of Conduct as stipulated by the Corporation. In addition, Officers/Directors of the Corporation must respect the confidentiality of information received in the course of Board meetings and activities and not disclose official information or documents acquired through membership of the Board, other than as required by law or where agreed by the decision of the Board. Any breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action, up to and including suspension of membership. Any violation or suspicion thereof should be repeated through the process for the resolution of complaints included in the Term and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
Please click on the link bellow if you are interested in finding more information on:
- memberships types
- our goals and mission
- recovery of damages, suspension and expulsion
- Code of Conduct
- process for resolution of complaint
We strive to develop community spirit and encourage sportsmanship and good fellowship amongst all of our members. The Terms and Conditions provide a guide line and information that plays an integral part in doing just that.
Become a Member!
Register to become a member and take part in our programs. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions that you may have. We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve your goals!